Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Beautiful by Amy Reed

Summary:
When Cassie moves from the tiny town where she has always lived to a suburb of Seattle, she is determined to leave her boring, good-girl existence behind. This is Cassie's chance to stop being invisible and become the kind of girl who's worth noticing. Stepping into her new identity turns out to be easier that Cassie could have ever imagined...one moment, one choice, changes everything. Cassie is trapped in a swift downward spiral tinged with violence and abuse and no one-not even the one person she thought she could trust-can help her now.


I was just wonder if those of you who have also read it thought that it was as messed up as I did. Not only do her parents seem to not care about her and act very superficial, but her so called best friend threatens her most of the time if she doesn't do what she wants. She has a very alarming way of thinking that makes you wonder if she should be on anti-depressants the whole time, and then she just lets some guy have sex with her just to secure her image. Not only is that messed up but I don't think that is close to most of teenagers lives. At least it doesn't even come close to my high school days, and trust me I was no angel. The parts that I liked about this book were when Sarah showed up and you thought that Cassie might be getting closer to her only for her to do a 180. I don't like how Sarah was written off far too soon, this book should have been longer and expanded on their relationship. It is horrible that they finally start connecting at the very end when there isn't really a chance for a good outcome.

I've decided that If I write up things like this on books or movies that Im going to rate them 1 out of 10. 1 being don't read/watch unless you life depends on it and 10 being you wont put down till its done.

Rating: 6/10

No comments: